Saturday, May 18, 2013

Back To Blogging

So, I've decided to start blogging again. Well, ten days ago anyway. I don't know why. I'm not entirely sure why I stopped. I'm not entirely sure why I'm writing about it right now.

I just am.

In some ways I use this medium as a simple means by which to just air out the crazy in my head. Not that what I write is crazy, I call it crazy because that's what happens to me when I don't let it out. Like today. I just kinda feel like I need to spell it out on paper.

Or electrons. Whatever.

So yes. I'm back to blogging for however long I feel like it.

I joked with another blogger that had suddenly decided to hang up her hat. She had what I had thought was a successful blog and I did enjoy reading her posts. She made an announcement that she was leaving her blog behind to spend more time with her family. It almost sounded like an unpopular politician quitting before being voted out of office. I told her that I didn't quit so much as just stopped showing up.

I'm pretty sure that how most blogs die.[1]

I have in my mind a vision of lost blogs, abandoned blogs, lost and alone. And unlike polydactyl cats[2][3], there's no one to pick them up and see that they are cared for. But they don't really die either. They just hang out there, collecting random spam comments.[4]

So I'm back to blogging for a while. Read or don't. Leave a comment, or don't. I've mentioned it before when I blogged about blogging, I'm really doing this just for me.

I'm going to go watch Duck Dynasty now.

No comments:

Post a Comment