Thursday, June 9, 2011

What I've Learned So Far as a Stay at Home Dad

  1. I have spent entirely too much time on my computer researching homeschooling and home activities. My kids have been on their own, peacefully doing what I did at their age. No school? Play!

  1. The kitchen is never clean.

  1. Always take your shower before the kids wake up.

  1. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Buy them. Use them.

  1. The vacuum is NOT magic. It sucks. Not as much as you’d think.

  1. The “To Do” list is like my Christmas Wish List.

  1. The perfect cure for too much whine is… well… some wine.

  1. When all else fails, the TV is the perfect baby sitter. Like when you have to go to the bathroom. Make lunch. Or even just breathe for a moment.

  1. How is it that I feel so busy… but nothing gets done? Again, the wine helps.

  1. The cartoons I watched as a kid were TERRIBLE. The cartoons my parents watched were AWESOME. The cartoons made for my kids to watch are NAUSEATING. (Disclaimer: there are, of course, exceptions the rule. But I think you know what I’m talking about)

  1. I miss working a job like I miss a stomach virus. Or a kick in the crotch. Or broken bones. Or being set on fire.

OK. I’ve never had a broken bone nor have I been set on fire. Honestly, those were the only two things I could think of as being a worse affliction to the time my family jewels were damaged in a contest between somebody else’s foot and my testicles. That was a bad bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment