Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Uncomfortably Weird... But In A Good Way


I’ve had a couple of experiences lately where I found myself weirded out.

Just a bit.

I was friend requested on Facebook by Eric Jensen. For those of you that don’t know, I’m Eric Jensen. So that was weird. Eric Jensen is actually quite a common name. Just check out any phone book in Denmark.

This dude is from Australia. He was searching and friend requesting every Eric Jensen he could find on Facebook. He had over 500 when he contacted me.

What do these guys call each other when discussing… anything?

Eric Jensen: Hey guys! I found an awesome deal on printers at Best Buy.

Eric Jensen: Really? Please don’t tell me it’s an HP. Those are total rip offs.

Eric Jensen: Don’t knock HP. I’ve worked there 20 years and find HP printers to be among the best.

Eric Jensen: Don’t be a douche, Eric. Eric, back me up on this. Doesn’t Eric work for Brother? They totally make better printers.

Eric Jensen: Yeah… Brother is better. Shit, Eric… don’t you know? HP makes a nice printer, it’s the INK that’ll kill you. Every time.

Eric Jensen: SHOUT OUT Eric! YEAH! TOTALLY!

Eric Jensen: Shut up Eric. You weren’t even invited on this conversation.

Eric Jensen: Chill out Eric. If the brother wants to talk up a Brother with a brother… crap… now I’m lost.

Eric Jensen: Where is Eric? The one that started this thread?

Eric Jensen: ?

Yeah. So I clicked IGNORE.

 I Googled "Eric Jensen" and got this. It's awesome, so I'm including it.




Another thing this week that kind of weirded me out was Scooby Doo. There’s a new, well… new new series on Cartoon Network of Scooby Doo and the gang. My girls love Scooby Doo. They started watching it on Boomerang. Zoey absolutely loved the original series, I’m talking the 1969 crew. She watched it all. The crappy Three Stooges and Harlem Globe Trotters specials. The odd Scrappy Doo and other assorted family additions. Even The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo with Vincent Price. They watched the new Scooby Doo movies. They even own the first season DVD of What’s New Scooby Doo?


And now we have watched the first season of Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated. In this new series it’s like watching the X-Files. There’s a series-long story line in addition to the episode plots. There is sexual tension! Daphne is totally into Fred, but he’s more into traps. Velma is totally into Shaggy, but Shaggy is more into Scooby Doo. Seriously. She pins him down and says, “Which is it! Me or Scooby!?”

SPOILER ALERT

Daphne and Fred end up getting engaged. Fred’s Dad, the mayor, turns out to be the first season villain and NOT FRED’S DAD. Fred Jones is NOT a Jones. Scooby is sent to a farm, Shaggy to a military school and Velma grounded. Daphne’s Barbie & Ken parents forbid her from ever seeing Fred again. Fred’s Not-Dad is arrested while he vows to find his real mom and dad.

What the HELL????

Yeah, I watched thirteen episodes and I’m weirded out. 

It just doesn't feel right.

The new new newest of the new Scooby Gang.


No comments:

Post a Comment