Friday, September 9, 2011

Today In Homeschool


And just where the hell have I been?

Busy.

Doing what you ask? You know, it’s been weeks and I haven’t a clue.

Zoey has been studying Asia. I have discovered that geography at a second grade level is pretty loose. To finish the week we made Chicken Fried Rice. Because it’s not at all racist and let’s face it, fried rice is AWESOME.

She mixed. She stirred. She fried. She stir fried. She set the table and served us! She was totally into it.

Serving for four!


I couldn’t have been more proud!

Her sister… well… she didn’t get into it. Not only was she pissed she couldn’t “help” with the cooking, but didn’t like: rice, chicken, broccoli, peas, carrots or corn. Actually, she likes them all, just not “together”.

Sara: “I can’t eat this!”

Me: “This is what’s for dinner. You don’t have to eat if you are not hungry, but if you say you are hungry later, then this is what you will have.”

Notice the distance between dinner and girl.


Sara: “But I want desert! I’ll eat one bite.”

Me: “You will eat what is in your bowl if you want desert.”

Sara: “I’ll eat one bite of chicken, one bite of rice, and one piece of broccoli.”

Me: “That’s good for one bite of Tootsie roll.”

Sara: “Then I’m not gonna eat ANYTHING!”

Me: “OK.”

Sara: *weeping* “Now I’m going to DIE!”


It really was good!


Me: “Yup.”

Seriously, how do you respond to that?

*sigh* I’m gonna have another beer.








Barely able to choke it down.
Just desserts.

3 comments: