Thursday, December 23, 2010

Peanut Butter

So I'm making the kids their pb&j sandwiches for lunch and I'm down to the last little bit that only my wife is diligent and/or cheap enough to scrape out. I closed the lid, put it away and opened a new jar. Skippy!

Natural.

No need to stir.

So I opened it and a little bit of oil was on top. I dumped it in the sink because I would feel bad for the Skippy people if I stirred it back in.

As I smeared a lump of deliciousness on the first piece of bread I thought to myself, "Hmm. Natural. What does that mean?"

Well? What does it? My first thought is: oily.

Second is: what makes that other jar not natural?

Third: what have I been feeding my kids?

My Mom used to feed me that crap!

So now both jars reside in the pantry with maybe an ounce left between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment