Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I spy with my little eye...

I deliver the kids to and from school every day. Sometimes the drive is quiet. Particularly if they are stuffing their mouths with M&M’s. Other times there is singing, fighting, screaming, fighting, screaming, more singing, fighting, and screaming. I kinda like the singing.

After watching the Disney movie Brother Bear, the girls started playing I Spy. If you haven’t seen the movie, it’s about an Eskimo dude that turns into a bear. It takes place just after the last ice age, apparently in Canada. The two moose are voiced by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas. (For those who know Rick, but not Dave, think back in time to the 80’s. SCTV. They made a movie, Strange Brew…”) Anyway, they hitch a ride on a wooly mammoth and the two moose play I Spy along the journey. And what the hell is there to spy in post ice-age Canada from the back of a giant hairy elephant? Trees.

“I spy something tall… and brown…”

“Tree!”

“Great! Your turn.”

“Mmm kay… I spy something green, and tall..”

“Tree!”

“Good, ok. Your turn.”

“I spy something…”

“Tree!”

My girls thought this might be a great game for our commute. Bear in mind (pun intended) Zoey sits in front of Sara, and they cannot see each other at all.

“I spy something… ummmm… red!”

“That sign?”

“No.”

“That sign?”

“No.”

That sign?”

“No.”

That sign!?!?”

“Yes!”

Freakin’ hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment